The CWL describes itself as an organization “rooted in gospel values calling members to holiness through service to the people of God.” Its main goals are:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development;
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life;
- to protect the sanctity of human life;
- to enhance the role of women in church and society;
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere;
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world; and
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace, and harmony.
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada (CWL) meets on the third Thursday of each month.